Please feel free to take a look at our face book “Alphabet playgroup” and twitter pages “Croesoalphabet“ for all the latest Alphabet news.
Alphabet Playgroup is an English speaking playgroup where the welsh language is part of the curriculum, welsh language is used incidentally during each session. We aim to provide a happy, safe and secure environment for your child.
Who can come to the playgroup?
- We can accept 19 children per session aged from 2 years 6 months up to school age. Each child can attend playgroup for a maximum of 4 hours per day.
- Every child is welcome regardless of race, colour, gender or disability.
What will your child do in the Playgroup?
- Children will have the opportunity to take part in whole group circle time.
- Children will have the opportunity to explore our indoors and outside during their free play, they will have access to sand, water, play dough, loose parts, block play and home role play area.
- Children will have the opportunity to enjoy free play, during this time the children are free to move around the playgroup exploring a variety of areas e.g the Enchanted Forest, i cwtsh book area, role play home area, creative area, play dough station and other experiences set up inline with the Welsh foundation phase ethos/four purposes ethos.
- When outside the children have access to a recycle music wall, water and sand provision, we enjoy large block play and woodwork.
- Join in physical movements songs and rhymes/enjoy musical instruments as a whole group.
- Listen to stories as a whole group.
- Have a snack of milk/water and fruit/veg. We are currently involved in the Healthy pre School scheme award (HPSS) and have been awarded five awards to date in recognition of the good practise the playgroup and the children demonstrate, we have also been awarded a Gold Healthy Snack Award in recognition of the healthy snacks we provide.
- Participate in group activities, we enjoy baking, our weekly visits to the school hall for physical fun, we are currently enjoying Yoga sessions, we also visit the schools Forest School/school field weekly.
Hours and days of opening
We are open Monday - Friday term time only.
Breakfast Club 8.30 am - 9.00 am
Morning session 9.00 am-11.30 am.
Lunch club 11.30 am -12.30 pm
(Inc wraparound service to Undy Nursery).
Afternoon session 12.30 pm-3.00 pm.
The above sessions will operate subject to sufficient demand, please do come and express your needs to us with regards to days/times of sessions you would like your child to attend.
Playgroup telephone number: 0782 663 9042. Please call and speak to Louisa or Tracey to register your child, or, if you have any questions. You can also email us at:
The Alphabet Team
The staffing arrangements conform to the registration requirements of the Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW)
- A local representative of the Early Years Wales is available to advise on staffing issues.
- All members of the Alphabet team have an a valid DBS.
- All members of the staff team attend relevant courses through the year.