Please feel free to take a look at our face book and twitter pages for all
the latest Alphabet news.
Alphabet Playgroup is an English speaking playgroup where Welsh is part of the curriculum and is used incidentally during each session. We aim to provide a happy, safe and secure environment for your child.
Who can come to the playgroup?
- We can accept 19 children per session aged from 2 years 6 months up to school age. Each child can attend playgroup for a maximum of 4 hours per day.
- Every child is welcome regardless of race, colour, gender or disability.
What will your child do in the Playgroup?
- Take part in whole group circle time.
- Play with sand, water, dough, jigsaws, toys, bikes, home area, block play and ICT they will have access to an I pad, torches and other cause and effect toys.
- Have the opportunity to take part in focus activities, either on a 1: 1 with an auntie or in a small group with other children.
- Have the opportunity to enjoy free play, during this time the children are free to move around the playgroup exploring a variety of areas e.g the Enchanted Forest book area, role play home area, creative area, mark making area and other areas set up inline with the Welsh Foundation Phase ethos. when outside the children have access to a recycle music wall, water and sand provision, physical development area as well as other areas of provision.
- Join in physical movements songs and rhymes/enjoy musical instruments as a whole group.
- Listen to stories as a whole group.
- Have a snack of milk/water and cereal/fruit/veg. We are currently involved in the Healthy pre School scheme award (HPSS) and have been awarded four awards to date in recognition of the good practise the playgroup and the children demonstrate, we have also been awarded a Gold Healthy Snack Award in recognition of the healthy snacks we provide.
- Participate in group activities e.g cooking, trips to the school hall for physical sessions and regular trips to the schools Forest School area, on these days due to time factors some of the activities listed above will not take place.
Each session's routine allows for the above activities.
Hours and days of opening
We are open Monday - Friday term time only.
Breakfast Club 8.15/8.30 am - 9.00 am
Morning session 9.00 am-11.30 am.
Lunch club 11.30 am -12.30 pm
(Inc wraparound service to Undy Nursery).
Afternoon session 12.30 pm-3.00 pm.
The above sessions will operate subject to sufficient demand, please do come and express your needs to us with regards to days/times of sessions you would like your child to attend.
Playgroup telephone number: 0782 663 9042. Please call and speak to Louisa, Tracey or Tina to register your child or if you have any questions. You can also email us at:
The Alphabet Team
The staffing arrangements conform to the registration requirements of the Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW).
- A local representative of the Wales Preschool Playgroup Association (Wales PPA) is available to advise on staffing issues.
- All members of the Alphabet team have an a valid DBS, (formally a Criminal Records Bureau CRB check).
- All members of staff attend relevant courses through the year.
Activities and experiences are planned to develop the children's skills across the Foundation Phase's seven Areas of Learning.