Year 3 Mrs Jarvis
Tuesday 15th May
This week we have been designing our own unique chocolate bars. We have calculated the cost of making our chocolate bars; we decided on a selling price and worked out our profit margins. We have also been looking at different adverts and persuasive features. Next we will be creating magazine adverts and TV adverts for our chocolate bars.
In maths this week we have been learning how to describe direction using compass points. Your child will be sent home with a compass point challnege sheet this Thursday.
Here are some helpful activities which can help with your child's learning at home:
- Times tables - 2,5,10,3,6,4,8,7,9,11,12
- Telling the time - analogue and digital
- Addition and subtraction of 1,2,3 digit numbers - using number lines and vertical stacking
- VCOP sentence building activities (downloadable mat can be found in the "Helpful Home Resources" section of the website)
- Reading - at least 3 times a week. Please remember to bring your book to school on your reading day!
All children will be sent home with either Maths or Literacy homework. This will be sent home on a Wednesday. This should be completed weekly and returned by the following Tuesday so it can be checked before new homework is set. Please could the children show their working out on the sheet.