This week we have started to learn our songs for our Christmas concert. Letters have been sent out today to let you know what your child is in our nativity on Tuesday 10th November. You can find the songs to Born in a Barn on Youtube if you wish to practice at home! If you have any questions, please speak to a member of staff.
This week in their group activities, the children have been learning about:
- Choosing books in Book Club to take home and share with a grown-up.
- Making repeating patterns and counting pieces of pasta in our Mathematical Development, to make a bracelet for a friend for Friendship Week.
- Listening and responding to weekend news as part of our Oracy work.
- In Language, Literacy and Communication we have been learning all about the letter sound ‘n’ and having a go at using the magic pens to mark make on the interactive whiteboard. It was lots of fun!
- In Personal and Social Education we have been discussing and learning about: what makes a good friend; Learning about Remembrance Day; Learning about why we take part in Children in Need.
Other activities the children have been involved in are:
- Making Pudsey Bear cookies to sell to raise funds for Children in Need.
- Measuring/mixing flour, salt and water to make our own playdough.
- Mark making poppies for Remembrance.
- Using watercolour paints to paint pictures of ourselves and pictures of Pudsey Bear.
- Making Pudsey eye patches.
- Taking part in the Children in Need duck race!
Thank you for all of your support raising money for Children in Need. The children looked fabulous dressed up. We raised a fantastic £78 in Nursery!
Forest School Friday!
As we are starting to rehearse for our Christmas concert, we will delay our Forest School sessions until the new year, from this week.
Just a reminder, we are still waiting for a few family pictures for our display board if you haven’t had chance to do so already.
Thank you for your continued support
The Nursery team