22nd November 2019
This week we have been taking part in National Nursery Rhyme Week. The children have been involved in: making nursery rhyme themed biscuits; using puppets to sing nursery rhymes; dressing up as different nursery rhyme characters; singing nursery rhymes using sign language. We even sang nursery rhymes in our PE session on the yard using a ginormous parachute. We sang Wind the Bobbin Up and Ring-a-Ring–a Roses amongst others.
This week we have joined Reception in the hall to practice our Nativity. Don’t forget, you are invited to join morning Nursery and Mrs Skellorn’s class at 10am, or afternoon Nursery and Miss Skinner’s class at 2pm on Tuesday 10th November. You can find the songs to Born in a Barn on Youtube, if you wish to practice at home! If you have any questions, please speak to a member of staff.
This week in their group activities, the children have been learning about:
- Choosing books in Book Club to take home and share with a grown-up.
- Singing and acting out nursery rhymes with numbers for our Mathematical Development.
- Listening and responding to weekend news as part of our Oracy work.
- In Language, Literacy and Communication we have been learning all about the letter sound ‘p’ and having a go at using the magic pens to mark make on the interactive whiteboard. It was lots of fun!
- In Personal and Social Education we have been discussing and learning about: wearing something blue to celebrate The United Nations Children’s Day.
Other activities the children have been involved in are:
- Measuring/mixing flour, salt and water to make our own playdough and snipping herbs to add to the mixture.
- Using watercolour paints to paint pictures of nursery rhymes.
- Exploring and experimenting with the woodwork area.
Next Thursday 28th November we will be going to Chepstow Garden Centre to visit Santa and collect our Christmas tree. There will be no Nursery session on this date. If you haven’t paid you £11 per child yet, please make payment using ParentPay as soon as possible, so that we can finalise numbers for the grotto visit.
We will meet you at the garden centre café at 10am for morning nursery and 1pm for afternoon nursery. Please speak to a member of nursery staff if you have any questions.
The annual Christmas Fete run by FOUPS (Friends of Undy Primary School), will be after school, on Friday 13th December. Each class collect donated items to make a class hamper to be sold at the fete to raise valuable funds for your children. Any donations would be very gratefully received. Thank you in anticipation.
Finally we had a surprise inspection by Environmental Health from Monmouthshire County Council on Thursday. We are very pleased to announce Nursery have retained our five star Food Hygiene Rating. Gwaith Bendigedig to the ladies in the Nursery team!
Thank you for your continued support
The Nursery team