Friday 8th November
Welcome back to the 2nd half of the autumn term. We hope you had a restful half term break.
This week in their group activities, the children have been learning about:
- Listening and responding to weekend news.
- Choosing books in Book Club to take home and share with a grown-up.
- Counting backwards from 10-0, pretending to be Bonfire Night rockets!
- Learning all about the letter sound ‘i’ by going on a letter hunt outside.
Other activities the children have been involved in are:
- Taking part in firework gymnastics in our PE session. The children climbed on to the apparatus safely, jumped/exploded like a firework off a variety of apparatus, while thinking about landing safely.
- Making a poppy for Remembrance Day
- Mark making fireworks on the yard
- Painting large fireworks on our big screen
- Making breadstick sparklers
- Making a bonfire out of leaves in Forest School, then making fireworks with all of the leaves we collected, whilst using lots of firework related vocabulary
Just a reminder:
We will be going over to the school hall or using the infant yard on a Monday to do some P.E. Please could you send your child to school dressed in appropriate clothing and footwear. This could be their usual t-shirt/school jumper with jogging bottoms/leggings and trainers.
Forest School Friday!
With the exception of next Friday 15th November (Children in Need day), we will be doing Forest School every Friday from next week. Please send your child to Nursery wearing warm/weather proof clothing including wellies or if you’d prefer dress them as they come in to nursery. It would be a great help if you could take them for a toilet stop before they have all their wet weather gear on! Send spare shoes/clothing in case they are needed on our return to Nursery.
Just a reminder to send in a family picture for our display board if you haven’t had chance to do so already. They are coming in slowly!
Please not the amendment to the Nursery/Reception Christmas performance for morning Nursery. It will now start at 10am and not 10.30 as previously stated.
Thank you for your continued support
The Nursery team